Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default AT&T/Bellsouth removes alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:22:46 -0400, Jack Stein wrote:

snip
So are you saying Comcast and Verizon will drop Usenet because they
can't afford the storage?

snip

My take is that affording it is not the issue, but return on investment/labor..

When I'm in a group of folks talking about "news groups", they all think I'm
talking about browser based "forums"...
I doubt that a very large percentage of ISP customers even KNOW that Usenet even
exists..

If I ran an ISP, I'd look at what it costs in equipment/labor/support/etc. and
probably drop it or, as Comcast did, farm it out..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing