Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Okuma Lathe - anyone familiar with this one?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:12:52 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

This one's for sale near me. Is it a gearhead, or some sort of
variable speed? The headstock looks rather small to have a gearbox,
but there appear to be a lot of levers just for thread changes.
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/news/Okuma01.jpg

I've lusted after an Okuma LS for years, but don't have the room, and
have been looking for some time for a compact sturdy gearhead to
replace my 10EE.
http://www.lathes.co.uk/okuma/

Its a gear head. And a nice lathe. DRO and everything.

How much? Should be worth about $5k or a bit more if they have
tooling, chucks and so forth.

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.