Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob[_14_] Bob[_14_] is offline

Default Replacing range vent with microwave, what to do with range hoodwiring

Eugene wrote:
I'm going to put a microwave over our range like we did in our old
house, the dedicated circuit is already there for it so that part is
easy. My problem is the wire hanging out of the wall from the old
range hood that I want to make sure I terminate properly.

When I had the same situation I solved it by simply terminating the
cable in an outlet box recessed into the wall with a blank cover.
Position it in such a way so as not to interfere with the mounting plate
for the microwave.