Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] aardvark.co.nz@gmail.com is offline

Default Having a problem seeing the weld pool with very low currents

On Jul 16, 7:12 pm, Geoffm
wrote:
Bruce,
You have (I think) one of the cheap autodark helmets, made famous by Harbor
Freight etal.
When I was doing my ME in the Uni lab in Christchurch, we had a Speedglass
helmet there. You had to remember to turn it on, but it was noticeably
clearer than my cheapie one I got from HF via a friend. It was also 5x the
price, but if I was welding all day, it would be the go.
Are you using the pulser? makes thin stuff easier,but can upset some cheap
helmets.
Geoff
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Hi Geoff,

Yeah, my helmet is an ultra-budget type :-(

I'm going to play with the pulse a little more -- I'm just working the
pedal right now instead.