Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Seagoing containers

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Brent wrote:
On Jul 16, 2:11 pm, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
"Pete C." wrote

helpful items snipped

Thanks Pete. Some good info. It doesn't look hard, just like to think
about things and ask before jumping into it and finding out I took way too
much time and spent way too much money. It all looks simple enough.

Steve

I posted about this stuff about a year ago and i'm making a 20 footer
into a machine shop

I was unable to find a suitable quality door so i did buy one

as we speak i'm taking a break from cutting out the doorway the trick
is to make sure you do not cut on corrugations and you can then easily
get a right angled frame back in with angle iron to allow the door to
frame back into place i'd say place the door the slide the angle in to
force the door into place then tack the angle so the door is "trapped"

I plan to leave the fit loose side to side and loose along the top and
bottom but tight front to back of the door
so that way the frame stays in place but there is wiggle room for
metal expansion (an 80C temp variation is possible where i live)

i plan to seal the gaps with window and door "great stuff"

Pictures are being taken

Gapping like a log home ! Good plan.

Martin