Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default Productivity Problem

Millwright Ron wrote:
On Jul 19, 6:17 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in

Ed Huntress wrote:

Overall, Ron is a little less than half right. That's about the
same percentage as the anti-union set delivers here. It's also
about par for people pontificating about history and economics
when they were bored stiff
in history class and never read the books, and have spent maybe an
hour of
their lives studying economics.

Ed, I have never had an encounter with union, or their members where
I wasn't lied to, threatened or they attempted to steal something.

Really? Well, you need to associate with a better class of union
members.
For example, I was a member of the Retail Clerks when I was in
college and
worked in a supermarket. My wife is in the NJEA, a teacher's union.
My
uncle, who was one of the best machinists you would ever see, was
also in
NJEA. And another uncle was in the Ironworkers.

We won't lie to you, Michael. We'd never threaten you, and we don't
steal.

You can get in bed with the low life *******s, but I refuse to.

I'd be very unhappy if I found you in bed with my wife. My
uncles...well,
each to his own.

--
Ed Huntress

Hi Ed:
My biggist point is every person should have the right to join a Union
or not.

Your "biggist point" Ron sems to be that you would like to insure that
secret ballots are abolished.
There is only one reason to want that - coersion and/or intimidation of
anyone voting.

People do have the right to join a union and unions have rights protecting
their ability to organize.
Read the Hobbs Act, for example, if you don't believe me.

You might not like it much as one of the things it protects against is the
sort of behavior that would result from passage of the legistlation you are
hawking.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com