Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sitre Josephenne Magana Sitre Josephenne Magana is offline

Default Trying to repair Sylvania 6842-PEM plasma T.V.

"aarpay via ElectronicsKB.com" u36611@uwe wrote in message
Hi all:

I turned on my TV, heard a loud "pop!", then the TV went into standby
mode.
If I attempt to turn it on, it goes back into standby. I found a blown
capacitor inside the power board, replaced it, and the TV would come on
for
about 10 seconds, then the capacitor would blow again. I replaced it
twice,
and it keeps blowing out. Does anyone have any advice, suggestions,
experience? Apparently, a lot of people are having the same problem (blown
capacitor) with this TV. I'm hoping I can fix it myself; I just need
someone
to help me figure out what the problem is. Thanks a lot!!!!

Al

Throw the set in the trash and forget about T.V. all together. It's boring
and full of commercials. I got so sick of T.V. after a short while I threw a
bowling ball threw my t.v. screen and then finished it off with the bowling
ball. I use the space that my T.V. was in and I filled it up with Twinkies
and Oreos and orange cupcakes. I usually munch to pass the time.

**** what all'yall think. If I want to be heavy, that's my prerogative.