Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Seagoing containers

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

"Tim Wescott" wrote

Or how about three full sized ones? Call the middle one a nice wide

hall,
carve out a narrow living room, a narrow dining room, a narrow kitchen,

few narrow bedrooms...

I have seen these put into configurations for instant mountain cabins.

The
big thing would be crane accessibility, but the ones I saw looked cool.

Steve

Being that we have nothing to ship to China in these containers, they have
become extremely plentiful and inexpensive. The result is that they are
being used all over the country in all kinds of innovative ways. I saw one
where they were making them into houses. These were brand new high tech
homes that were being built as modular units where you could use as many of
them as you wanted depending on your house plan. They were putting all kinds
of green, high tech, and environmentally safe technologies to work in the
construction. Like all things that seem to be a negative an injection of
brainpower and a bit of necessity can turn lemons into lemonade. The
oversupply of containers is one example and the same thing is happening in
oil too. I think the same thing is happening with the high price of
gasoline. While no one likes paying over four dollars a gallon for it, the
high price is causing all kinds of changes to occur. I wouldn't be surprised
if in the long run the high price of oil is what will spur the country to
new and better ways of providing our energy needs. It hurts now but it'll be
better in the future for the pain we suffer in the short run.

Hawke