Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Repairing a galvanised watering can

"Cicero" wrote in message
om...
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:30:57 +0100, Broadback wrote:

My trusty old galvanised watering can has started to leak, what is the
best way to repair it, or is that not viable? It is a very small hole in
the bottom. I know you used to be able to get repair kits for buckets
and kettles years ago, but I doubt if they are still available in this
throw away age.

==================================
Make sure the can is dry. Cover the hole on the outside with a bit of
masking tape and then pour in some bitumastic paint to a depth of about
1/2". Leave to stand and the bitumastic will go solid. Store the can in a
cool place when not in use.

Cic.

Interesting, that's what Spouse did with an aluminium gallon milk pail I
keep on the step for veg. washing water to put on the growing veg.

It had developed several tiny holes, too many to repair with washers.

So far the bitumen treatment has worked extremely well.

Mary