Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Seagoing containers

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
(top posting fixed)

SteveB wrote:
"Joe Pfeiffer" wrote in message
"Hawke" writes:
Do you know why those shipping containers are so cheap these days when
everything else made of metal keeps going up? It's because all those
containers originate in China. They fill them up with goods headed

-- snip --
But I bet the roof cost as much as the containers. A guy could poor
boy it if he could get past the local inspector. We live in an
Agricultural 1 zone, so our rules are more lenient than on the other
side of the crick where it's R1. Over there, you can't even HAVE one
on your property more than thirty days, allowing for the PODS to move
things in and out. But no longer than that.

Steve

Put wheels on it and a tongue - now a mobile home. :-)
It would be nice to have some of the square ones - those made for
shipping explosives. I think they must be 1/4's or thereabouts.

One could mount on concrete 4 side by side and back to back.
Have 4 room metal house - quickly brick up the outsides for the
inspectors....

Or how about three full sized ones? Call the middle one a nice wide
hall, carve out a narrow living room, a narrow dining room, a narrow
kitchen, a few narrow bedrooms...

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services