Bay Area Dave

Default can I stain over poly?

i get it. You are trying to argue a point that is not at all what I have
addressed in my posts. YOU don't get it. Your point, while
argumentative, is correct. My earlier statements are also correct, and
in no way refute what you have said. You are preaching to the choir.

dave

George wrote:
Stain sticks _in_ poly. Think of the poly as the vehicle, versus the oil.

Now do you get it?

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
news
what's your point? just because there is a stain/poly finish doesn't
mean that you can just wipe straight stain over a dry poly finish, now
does it???

dave

George wrote:

Think about it Dave. Minwax and others make a stain/poly all-in-one

finish.

Difficulty comes with a difference between the look of stain in wood

versus

stain over wood. Scuff and do the bottom with full-strength

stain/varnish,

dilute the top treatment, you might have a chance.

The Rev is correct in saying that oil colors are compatible with

oil-based

varnish, so you can mix your own if you care to.

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
igy.com...

buy her some gradient tinted glasses. you are right;stain isn't gonna
stick to poly.