Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Metal Bending - Another Crosspost

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:34:36 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Ned
Simmons quickly quoth:

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 05:41:21 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

RCM only

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 23:02:59 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Richard J Kinch quickly quoth:

Ned Simmons writes:

http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmon.../Mailbox02.JPG

You're really dating yourself with that tape moistener.

What the hell does THIS leadscrew fit? Whoa, kinky!
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmon..._050912_05.JPG

It's goes to a 4 dimensional gun drill for boring worm holes.

I like it! chuckle

Or, it's a lamp filament before the steel mandrel gets dissolved out.
One of the more offbeat things I work on is designing tooling for
winding unusual filaments. That one's a straightforward shape, unusual
only because it's for a high watt, low voltage lamp.

Soooo, what kind of tooling will make that kind of winding, Ned?
Those must be expensive lamps to warrant the extra steps of dissolving
the steel core, neutralizing the acid, etc.

I think the pic
is there to demonstrate what sort of photos can be taken with a cheap
digital camera and a stereo microscope.

Cool. What's the actual size?

I like offbeat work like that. I've recently put up a teepee for one
client and bid on repairing a broken casket for another.

---