Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repairing a galvanised watering can

Broadback presented the following explanation :
My trusty old galvanised watering can has started to leak, what is the best
way to repair it, or is that not viable? It is a very small hole in the
bottom. I know you used to be able to get repair kits for buckets and kettles
years ago, but I doubt if they are still available in this throw away age.

Drill a hole through the (er..) hole. Find a nut, bolt and a couple of
washers add a couple of rubber washers (tap washers?). Better if all
these are rust proof/brass or etc..

The alternative would be to drill and fill with a small amount of car
body filler from the inside.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)