Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Wanted, 13 Amp plug with neon indicator

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:50:34 UTC, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote:

"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
On 16 Jul, 09:39, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote:
Approx 10 years ago I purchased a 13A plug which had a large neon
indicator
in the back cover (cannot remember the maker), it was quite useful to know
if something had been inadvertently left on, or if a fuse had blown on
something you needed to be on.
Having done a search I can no longer find one, except for a switched plug
with a tiny neon which is so small it does not readily impact on the eye.

Anybody know of a supplier of a plug with neon?

The ones I am looking for had a neon indicator approx 20 x 20mm square, (as
far as I remember them)

We have two, bought in 1994, and I had trouble finding them then. The
neon is about 15mm by about 10mm. They cost an arm and a leg (about a
fiver each, then).

Can't find them now, but the switched ones from CPC are pretty nright
even though the neon is a lot smaller.

http://www.diybanter.com