Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk is offline

Default Repairing a galvanised watering can

On 16 Jul, 10:30, Broadback wrote:
My trusty old galvanised watering can has started to leak, what is the
best way to repair it, or is that not viable? It is a very small hole in
the bottom. I know you used to be able to get repair kits for buckets
and kettles years ago, but I doubt if they are still available in this
throw away age.

I believe I have such a repair kit somewhere in my granddad's box of
"things that'll come in useful if I keep them long enough". From
memory, it's just a couple of large steel washers with small holes and
a nut and bolt. I think you added paper or rubber washers between the
steel washers and the can, but nowadays I'd use a dab of silicone.

Chris