Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default AT&T/Bellsouth removes alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

snipped

With respect, I disagree. It only costs me a 41 cent stamp*, a sheet of
paper, and a little time to write a letter of complaint. Even if they're
paying minimum-wage-slaves to collect my mail and throw it in the trash
unopened, they are out more money than I am. After a dozen or so of
these letters, even if they go straight to the trash, they have lost more
money than they make in profits fom the ISP account. They've already
violated their contract and TOS. Further actions, such as disconnecting
my account because I sent them mail complaining of the fact will be
looked upon poorly by the State Atty. general, and more importsntly by
the judge in the small claims case I will file next month if this keeps
up. If someone is interested in taking legal action, I *highly* recomend
sueing in small claims court. Here in Okla. the client can't be
represented by an attourney. The filing fee is about $50. It will cost
ATT more to deal with hundreds of individual cases than it will for a
single class-action suit.

Where did AT&T violate their contract or TOS?

For the AT&T Wordnet "Terms of Service" web page:

"2.1 Modifications to Service. AT&T reserves the right to modify or
discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to
time, the Service (or any function or feature of the Service or any part
thereof, including, but not limited to, rates and charges) with or
without notice. Should the technology become available, AT&T and its
affiliates reserve the right to provision your Service over a different
access technology and may do so without notice if such change(s) will
not negatively impact the speeds for which you signed up or require new
customer premises equipment. Without limiting the foregoing, AT&T may
post, or email, notices of changes in the Service. It is your
responsibility to check our web site and your AT&T email address for any
such notices. You agree that AT&T will not be liable to you or to any
third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of
the Service."

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA