Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Seagoing containers

Just bought a 40 footer, but with other projects, company, and breaking my
back, haven't gotten to go fool with it except put in a new Razr and four
ATVs today.

Is there a site that gives info on how to install windows, doors, etc?

The people who sell the containers sell doors and windows installed, but I'm
el Cheapo, and always figure I can do it cheaper. Is that true, or is it
worth it to have them come do it?

I kind of figure if I can find a source for metal doors and windows, I can
flame cut openings and frame with tube steel, then slap the door/window on
there. A surplus dealer or a scrounger would do for the quality of stuff I
need.

Is there much to installing this stuff other than the irregular surface? Is
there any flashing that is made to match the corrugations that would make
this chore easier? Do you use any insulation in the chinks, or use the
spray "Good Stuff" and trim the excess?

And lastly, roll up doors. I hate messing with POS things no matter what
they are. Are decent roll ups available without paying a lot? And where?

Tips and caveats appreciated.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,