Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default OT-Taxpayer Surprise.

John R. Carroll wrote:
cavelamb himself wrote:

azotic wrote:

It appears the american taxpayer will subsidize the risks taken by
sophisticated investors.

http://www.reuters.com/article/press...008+BW20080711

Since we have a free market Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae should be
allowed to go broke.
New entities will arrise to fill the vacume left by Freddie Mac and
Fannie Mae in the mortgage
market.

Best Regards
Tom.

That's because _you_ have no money invested there...

You wouldn't be able to buy a stick of gum or loaf of bread the day after
either of these failed Richard.

Oh I know, John.
Just batting at the whiner.

Ya'll reboot your crysal balls and tell me this one...

What happens when the tax payers can't afford to pay the taxes
that are going to pile up from all this?

You see, I'm guessing that the system has already failed.

The bailout reactions are just that - reactions to prop up
a failed financial system. But for how long?

All they are really doing is transfering the bad paper from the
businesses that created it - to the tax payers - who don't want it.
(and probably can really afford it)

Gas and food prices up 12% (so far) - and still climbing.

How much will the avarage worker's tax load increase now?

Which brings us back to the stick of gum or loaf of bread...