Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bad Luck or ...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
However, I have to say that the original B&D I had (the 25 year old one)
was excellent, even though it was cheap. It cut straight and square,
and didn't seem to have any problem cutting any thickness up to the
maximum that the blade could cope with.

I have a B&D one from about that age lying around somewhere and the roller
guide for the blade only lasted a short while. After it had failed any
attempt at accuracy did too. The other beauty with the Bosch is not
needing that stupid little allen key to change a blade - or indeed any
tool at all.

--
*The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

My original old one did not have any kind of blade guide roller at all Dave,
but never-the-less, still managed to cut a straight line in anything from
chocolate cake to nuclear fuel rods !

The blade was fixed into the 'sewing machine' type holder, with a slot-head
screw. The current one has a spring-loaded quick release blade mount, so
requires no tool to effect a blade change. That's about the only thing on it
that seems to work ok. I guess that bit had a different designer, or was
bought in ready assembled, from a company that knew what they were doing ...

Arfa