Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bad Luck or ...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
So have I just been unlucky to buy what was a poor model ? Has anyone
else got one of these that they'd care to comment on ? Have B&D brought
out a better one since that anyone would care to comment on ? Or anyone
got any suggestions regarding any other makes and models that are
suitable for occasional, but 'serious' DIY work, without carrying a TTP
price tag ?

As others have said you seem to really get what you pay for with jigsaws -
perhaps more so than with any other power tool.

I've got loads of oldish B&D tools which are pretty good - all from the
now discontinued Tradesman range. But these days B&D seem to be right at
the bottom of the range - worse, indeed, than the real el cheapos from the
likes of Lidl. It's sad when a once respected name trade down so far.

I can't really help with current models of jigsaw - mine is a expensive
Bosch SDS pendulum type and several years old. But I'd guess you'll have
to pay at least 100 quid to get a half decent one.

--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Thanks for all the comments. It's kinda the conclusion that I had come to.
However, I have to say that the original B&D I had (the 25 year old one) was
excellent, even though it was cheap. It cut straight and square, and didn't
seem to have any problem cutting any thickness up to the maximum that the
blade could cope with. The up to date B&D circular saw that I have, is also
of a good quality, and is a faultless performer, so not all of their current
tools are rubbish. Perhaps they're just not good at jigsaws anymore ... Ya
liv 'n' lern, as they say d;~}

Arfa