Young Carpenter

Default can I stain over poly?

Actually It becomes glazing. Not exactly staining more like painting.
Scuff up the poly, put on the stain and then more poly. However I foresee a
never ending problem of evening the tint.

--
Young Carpenter

"Save a Tree, Build Furniture"

"bob" wrote in message
. ..
Just finished putting two coats of oil based polyurethane on a red oak
entertainment center that was stained with Minwax gel stain. SWMBO

noticed
that the lower section of the entertainment center is lighter in color

than
the top. (It looked okay in the shop, but my lighting down there isn't

the
greatest).

Question: Can I tint the poly and apply a third coat to the lower

section,
effectively darking it? Or, perhaps I can buy some stain/poly combo? I
think I'd rather tint it so I can control the color.

I'm concerned that any type of stain over poly won't stick to the poly.

Thanks.

Bob