Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Steel wire cut to length

Gerald Miller wrote:

I started by replacing the head cable on one of the old Star printers
with a hand formed piece floppy drive cable, then a couple years
latter, I moved the toothed belt half way round to get to the unused
portion. I sold that printer at a yard sale in 1996 and saw it again
at a yard sale a couple years ago with the gray cable still working. I
wish now that I had bought it back for old times sake.
I used to buy surplus ribbon cartridges and re-load the ribbon into
other bodies that fit the printer currently in use.

I have repaired electronics since I was a little kid. I rarely ever
bought anything new. A couple computers, two TVs and a couple printers,
but just about everything else was free, or salvaged and repaired. I am
in my mid 50s and still do some repairs, health permitting. RIght now I
can't use my right eye. I had a palsy, and can't control movement, or
keep the lid up for more than a few seconds because of the double
vision. Of course, it was the better of the two, leaving me almost
blind.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.