Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread[_2_] jthread[_2_] is offline

Default AAA Locksmith Los Angeles 818-386-1022

wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:06:54 GMT, "Slightly Graying Wolf"
wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
snip
I read about locksmiths advertising on the internet. The come to you
house and fix the lock but make extra keys so they can come back
later and rip you off and steal you car or valuables.

snip

Any half decent locksmith would not need a duplicate key to break into
your
house... Hell, as a chair of a strata council I have picked or drilled out
dozens of door locks and/or dead bolts to gain access to a suits in
emergencies (usually water damage related), and I am not even a locksmith
(but I was trained by one).

Burglars generally couldn't care less about keys or locks. Windows are
often
easy to jimmy, even if locked, and if not, they break pretty easily. All
burglars care about is speed. If you think your neighbor is going to here
your
bathroom window breaking while he's inside watching TV with the A/C on,
think
again.

One of my door panels was simply kicked in during a rain storm. I have steel
doors now but you're right. Best protection is dogs, and a good insurance
policy.