Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] joelblatt@aol.com is offline

Default pump wire sizes

On Jul 12, 7:28*pm, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
You may remember I asked about the pressure switch wire for my pump last
week...

The group convinced me to replace all the wires and put in conduit. More

If you have a long run and high current, mighy be a good time to
consider a relay close to the pump, you can run thinner wires from the
switch to the relay... Joel in FLorida
=========
investigation shows I should move the pump control box to near the pressure
switch at the same time, in the basement.

Anyway, I now will have a 380 foot run from the basement to the well with 2"
conduit installed. The pump uses three wires with loads as follows: red
wire - 27.5 amps, black wire - 19.1 amps, yellow wire 10.8 amps. I learned I
need THWN wire last week. What wire sizes should I order?

Karl