Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Steel wire cut to length

Ceiling hanger wire. Comes in 10 foot lengths already stretched
and straightened. Contact a local commercial drywall supply
house.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"RoyJ" wrote in message
m...
I got a request for a couple thousand plant stakes this
afternoon. They need to be 5' long, fairly stiff but not very
strong. Requester came in with some .072 wire, not stiff enough,
the .134 wire sample was over kill. Something on the order of
.109" to .125" would seem to be about right. Galvanzied would be
a plus, not required,

I don't want to deal with straightening a coil, don't want to
sit and do the cut off. Any thing come to mind where I could
just buy it? I've thought about trying to find a wire forming
place, get it cut to length. Fence place? Greenhouse supply?
This would be 10,000' somewhere near 400 pounds so it would be a
non trivial pile.