CW

Default Vehicle for transporting 4 x 8 ply, etc.

So, where do you live, California?

"Silvan" wrote in message
Stephanie and Tim wrote:

I've got that harbor freight trailer. If you catch it on sale, you can
get it for 199.

It's rated for 990 pounds (must be a number intended to get around
regulations somewhere) and is probably the best two bills I've ever

spent.

We used to sell probably exactly the same trailer at Wal-Mart years back.
Sold quite a lot of them. I remember how tricky it was to unload a

flatbed
full of the things with a forklift that didn't really have enough reach to
do the job properly. Never did drop one, but there were some close
calls...

Anyway, we sold dozens of them until we sold one to a Virginia state

Trooper
who seemed quite happy to get such a good deal on the thing to haul his
Harley. We talked for a bit.

A few days later, I had to summon the store manager to come talk to the

nice
(different) man in uniform. He told the boss that if he didn't cease and
desist selling them immediately, he was going to jail for selling "motor
vehicles" without a license. I figure either the Trooper got home and got
to scratching his head, or else told some coworkers, or else it was all
part of some sting operation. No telling.

Evidently, since they're road worthy, they fall into the same category as
automobiles and mobile homes, and dealers have to have some sort of

special
license in order to handle them. There *are* things Wal-Mart can't sell.

I think we sold the remaining trailers to Harbor Freight.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17215 Approximate word count: 516450