Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_2_] stryped[_2_] is offline

Default Troy Built Horse tiller older engine blow up. What to do.

I have an older model Troy bilt horse. )I belive 1982. It is 6 horse
electric start. I was tilling yesterday and it made a metallic sound
then died. It has no compression when pulling the recoil starter.

I am debating fixing this or scraping and buying a cheaper one. Can
you tell me how much a replacement is? Do you sell rebuild kits for
my
current engine? Here are the numbers on it:

HH60-105116Hser23230

Also, I have found an engine used online. The model is H60-75505R
with
Serial 0096R. It is a manual start. It is sold as is for 75 plus
shipping. Can you tell me if this can be converted to electric start
using my current blown up engine?

Thanks!