Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Steel wire cut to length

Larry Jaques gravely intoned:
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 03:38:32 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 03:45:44 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

http://allied-iron.com/default.aspx
Belmont CA might be a bit of a commute for you though, Larry.

True. Fresno and Stockton would be, too, by about 300 miles each way.

Heck, I'd call PDM anyways. Those guys are resourceful.
Perhaps they're aware of a supplier more local to you.
Couple years ago they delivered a couple sticks of 1-1/2" box
tube to my residential side yard. Almost No Money for a 30 mile
round trip.

I was embarrassed the order was so small. Their truck driver
treated me like I was their best customer though.
That sort of attitude is nearly as easy to remember as the other kind
of attitude.

(...)

Oh, USEFUL pukey ducks. Got it.

UPDs Exactly!

(...)

Instead of 6 months worth of ink cartridges ($200), I got a nice
little Samsung clp600n color laser printer when Staples had a $200
coupon. The only thing wrong with it are the smell and the noise. It
stinks as bad as a skunk (which I don't really mind) and sounds like a
jet fighter idling next to me (NO NOIS print engine my ass.) I only
turn it on to print. The output is lovely, though, and it's fast.

Yup, I was at Xerox when they were developing the 'blazer' which was
a monochrome 'B' size laser printer. I got used to mine instantly.
It made beautiful schematics.

--Winston