Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Steel wire cut to length

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 03:38:32 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 03:45:44 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Way Out West we have PDM. These guys are great!
http://www.pdmsteel.com/index.html

I'll definitely have to check that out. I paid $20 for a stick of 5/8"
angle a few months ago. For larger projects, PDM might be the way to
go.

Ed Falk discovered that a local 'drop shop' got beat pricewise by
PDM recently:
"PDM had the best prices by far, $500 compared to Alan Steel's $840."
Though I understand he found Allied Iron to be more convenient at $650.

http://allied-iron.com/default.aspx
Belmont CA might be a bit of a commute for you though, Larry.

True. Fresno and Stockton would be, too, by about 300 miles each way.

Y'mean they can cut your pukey ducks (roosters, cowboys, and bulldog
cutouts) for ya now ? Shucks, gee whillikers, Mr. Winnie! gd&r

Yup! Telescope tripods, Winch bases, and whimsical stuff like that there,
as well!

Oh, USEFUL pukey ducks. Got it.

Download their catalog, would be my advice:
http://www.pdmsteel.com/PDF/pdm_cat2006c.pdf

That's an excellent catalog. I just printed it out on my color printer
(laser, couldn't afford an inkjet

pobricito!

Instead of 6 months worth of ink cartridges ($200), I got a nice
little Samsung clp600n color laser printer when Staples had a $200
coupon. The only thing wrong with it are the smell and the noise. It
stinks as bad as a skunk (which I don't really mind) and sounds like a
jet fighter idling next to me (NO NOIS print engine my ass.) I only
turn it on to print. The output is lovely, though, and it's fast.

...and will save it for reference on
available shapes/sizes. Plus, there is a very handy reference section
at the end.

Did I mention they are great people?
I have no connection other than being one happy customer.

Bueno, bwana. Muchos garcias, senior.

VIRTUE...is its own punishment