Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Steel wire cut to length- Results

I found one of the wire forming shops would run coil stock through a
rotary straightener, then cut to length for right around $1 per pound of
"bright wire" stock. That is a close to the what I pay for 2"
rectangular tubing and similar. Dropped the price of a 5' piece of 11 ga
down to $.13 That's for the 5' piece NOT per foot! I have no idea how
he is going to make any money on the order.

Samples are in the truck, order to be confirmed in the AM.

RoyJ wrote:
I got a request for a couple thousand plant stakes this afternoon. They
need to be 5' long, fairly stiff but not very strong. Requester came in
with some .072 wire, not stiff enough, the .134 wire sample was over
kill. Something on the order of .109" to .125" would seem to be about
right. Galvanzied would be a plus, not required,

I don't want to deal with straightening a coil, don't want to sit and do
the cut off. Any thing come to mind where I could just buy it? I've
thought about trying to find a wire forming place, get it cut to length.
Fence place? Greenhouse supply? This would be 10,000' somewhere near 400
pounds so it would be a non trivial pile.