Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Steel wire cut to length

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 03:45:44 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Way Out West we have PDM. These guys are great!
http://www.pdmsteel.com/index.html

I'll definitely have to check that out. I paid $20 for a stick of 5/8"
angle a few months ago. For larger projects, PDM might be the way to
go.

Ed Falk discovered that a local 'drop shop' got beat pricewise by
PDM recently:
"PDM had the best prices by far, $500 compared to Alan Steel's $840."
Though I understand he found Allied Iron to be more convenient at $650.

http://allied-iron.com/default.aspx
Belmont CA might be a bit of a commute for you though, Larry.

Y'mean they can cut your pukey ducks (roosters, cowboys, and bulldog
cutouts) for ya now ? Shucks, gee whillikers, Mr. Winnie! gd&r

Yup! Telescope tripods, Winch bases, and whimsical stuff like that there,
as well!

Download their catalog, would be my advice:
http://www.pdmsteel.com/PDF/pdm_cat2006c.pdf

That's an excellent catalog. I just printed it out on my color printer
(laser, couldn't afford an inkjet

pobricito!

...and will save it for reference on
available shapes/sizes. Plus, there is a very handy reference section
at the end.

Did I mention they are great people?
I have no connection other than being one happy customer.

--Winston