Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Steel wire cut to length

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 03:45:44 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

RoyJ wrote:
I got a request for a couple thousand plant stakes this afternoon.

(...)

Way Out West we have PDM. These guys are great!
http://www.pdmsteel.com/index.html

They cut to size *and deliver* new steel for less money than the
surplus houses charge for drops.

I'll definitely have to check that out. I paid $20 for a stick of 5/8"
angle a few months ago. For larger projects, PDM might be the way to
go.

Computer aided design and numerical control have made
possible the burning of shapes too large and complex to be laid out
on a drafting table, while at the same time allowing for the efficient
“nesting” of parts for reduced scrap loss."

What's not to like?

Y'mean they can cut your pukey ducks (roosters, cowboys, and bulldog
cutouts) for ya now ? Shucks, gee whillikers, Mr. Winnie! gd&r

Download their catalog, would be my advice:
http://www.pdmsteel.com/PDF/pdm_cat2006c.pdf

That's an excellent catalog. I just printed it out on my color printer
(laser, couldn't afford an inkjet and will save it for reference on
available shapes/sizes. Plus, there is a very handy reference section
at the end.

VIRTUE...is its own punishment