Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff[_10_] Jeff[_10_] is offline

Default 32" Sony CRT TV Repair

On Jul 9, 3:38*am, wrote:
On Jul 8, 12:14*pm, wrote:

Hello,

I have a ~6 year old Sony CRT tv and recently it started giving me
problems. *About a month to two months ago it started to shut off
after a dew seconds of turning on. *I left unplugged for a while and
it worked normally again. *Recently it started to happen again. *This
time, it won't stop shutting off. *It is always a few seconds after I
turn it on. *The picture doesn't show, but sound does. *I have tried
to leave it off for ~24 hours.

I read on the web somewhere that it could be a dust problem. *They
said to leave it off for a few hours and then try to remove the dust
around the large cable going into the tube. *I tried that, with no
results.

I have been looking other places and read that it might be a HV
problem. *I am a ME grad student and have a little experience with
electrical systems. *I would like to get it fixed rather than buying a
new one because of my tight budget. *Does anyone know what the problem
could be and if it would be reasonable for me to try to fix it? *Or
should I hire a technician? *Or is it not even worth doing that (too
costly)? *I most likely have access to all the equipment needed to
test it. *Thanks

Jeff

Please give the model # of the set. This may be a common problem with
a fairly simple repair.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a ton for your help. I appreciate any help I can get. The
model number is 32U-S50. If you need any more info just ask. Thanks