Posted to rec.woodworking
p4o2 p4o2 is offline

Default Baseball bats

On Jul 10, 11:32*am, "Lee Michaels" wrote:
"p4o2" wrote

On the subject of aluminum bats. I am sure that if there was money to
be made, one of the manufactures of the bats could design and make a
bat that would duplicate the characteristics of wood bats.

It would be too hard to veneer the aluminum bats. *G

There is a measurement in the making of golf heads (COR) that could be
applied to Al and wood bats. The choice of an Al alloy, wall
thickness, etc. that would match the measured COR of wood bats would
be possible. I would also guess that different wood bats would have
different COR's?