Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default strong durable gloves?

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:50:40 -0700 (PDT), Benjamin
wrote:

I tend to go through generic work gloves pretty quickly, so I'm
looking for some advice about which brands / styles that you
recommend. Normally it's the fingertips that get ripped out first,
followed by the along-finger seams. I prefer tight-fitting styles
for improved manual dexterity, doesn't have to be very long, up to the
wrist is fine.

Try some of the knit Kevlar gloves. They're very tough and not too
expensive, around $5. Grainger and McMaster both carry them in a
variety of weights and styles. They seem to be slipperier than other
materials, especially when new, so you may want to try those with the
dots or stripes of grippy stuff.

--
Ned Simmons