Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Steel wire cut to length

"RoyJ" wrote in message
m...
I got a request for a couple thousand plant stakes this afternoon. They need to
be 5' long, fairly stiff but not very strong. Requester came in with some .072
wire, not stiff enough, the .134 wire sample was over kill. Something on the
order of .109" to .125" would seem to be about right. Galvanzied would be a
plus, not required,

I don't want to deal with straightening a coil, don't want to sit and do the
cut off. Any thing come to mind where I could just buy it? I've thought about
trying to find a wire forming place, get it cut to length. Fence place?
Greenhouse supply? This would be 10,000' somewhere near 400 pounds so it would
be a non trivial pile.

Try wire forming companies, the kind that make pegboard hooks and such.
(unfortunately, 400 lbs. IS a trivial order)