Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney Robert Swinney is offline

Default Cutting oil v. thread cutting oil - difference?

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message news:...
The heavy black sulfurized stuff is hightly recommended as a replacement for the oil lard oil used
in the past. I have never found a source for real lard oil so I have no basis for comparison. The
black stuff works pretty well on threading. Don't ask me if I think it is worth the mess.

Bob (don't say Crisco or bacon fat) Swinney
"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
news My "lat" can of cutiing oil wandered off, so I went to the local
Borg to buy some more. All that they had was pints of "dark" thread
cuttiing oil (Oatey 30203), so I bought that.

I'll be using it for cutting or drillling iron/steel.

What's the difference? For Harry homeowner, does it matter?

R,
Tom Q.l