Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pheeh.zero@gmail.com is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton Rewind Starter Service

On Jul 8, 2:15*pm, pc_whocares wrote:
The starter on my horizontal shaft mid sixties mower has started to
chatter while the mower is running. *I've seen that kind of business
on outboard engines when I was a kid.

I took the cover and rotating screen off, and five or so ball bearings
dropped out. *I didn't look under a magnifying glass, but it basically
looked new, and w/o lubricant inside.

I'm guessing all it needs is some light, perhaps, lithium grease on
the balls to hold them in place whilst I reassemble it?

tanks

mac

Also, clean the end of the crank-shaft (rusted?) that the square
sleeve fits over and lightly oil that.