Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Advice for Clothes washer on second floor

I think Samsung claims their front loader is ultra vibration resistant.

I've had Maytag neptune front loader which I kept for 5 years and then gave
to my parents who have had it for 5 years. It was vibration free for the
most part. Consumer Reports says people had trouble with it but it was
great for us.

I now have a Whirlpool/kenmore which is a bit bigger than the Neptune. It
vibrates more than the Maytag did.

The Maytag had 2 interesting features to prevent vibration. It had a liquid
dampening system you could hear if you manually turned the tub. Sounded
like water in the tub..... it was water in some sealed spot.

And it had a custom molded cinderblock inside. The whirlpool just uses a
standard cinderblock counterweight.

WHirlpool now owns Maytag by the way.

wrote in message
Are there any resources online for get information on buying front- or
top-loading washers to be installed in a second floor location? I
just bought an LG front-loader that shakes the whole house even when
the spin speed is on Low. I even reinforced the floor with 3/4" maple
plywood and that solved the problem somewhat. I'm thinking I need to
buy a small washer and dryer.

Ed S.