Warren Senders

Default 1 micron vs 5 micron DC bags (or, Have my goolgle skills gone bad?)

| Ooops - sorry, I should have been clear - I know about the hoods, what
I was
| thinking of was a mask type respirator. The one I saw in a magazine
had a
| mouthpiece like a SCUBA second stage and air intake tubes that ran to
a filter
| pack below. No filter for the nose (you clip it closed) and no ability
to talk (which
| would probably mean it'll never get approved for work environments).
Fine for
| me working alone in the garage, though. I was hoping there was some
news on this
| or a similar thing.

I've seen the snorkel with a filter at Woodcraft. I didn't try it.

It's called the "resp-o-rator." I got one and have enjoyed using it
a lot. The clip on the nose is irritating at first, and the snorkel
type mouthpiece irritated the inside of my lips a bit. But it's
very easy to use, *very* easy to remove from the mouth
(for phone calls, coffee, conversation), and seems to do a good
job of filtering things. They say the filters go down to 3 microns,
so you've still got a lot of the finest stuff to contend with, though.

Warren