Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Advice for Clothes washer on second floor

On Jul 7, 2:55*pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 7, 2:06*pm, ransley wrote:

On Jul 7, 12:03*pm, "
wrote:

Are there any resources online for get information on buying front- or
top-loading washers to be installed in a second floor location? *I
just bought an LG front-loader that shakes the whole house even when
the spin speed is on Low. *I even reinforced the floor with 3/4" maple
plywood and that solved the problem somewhat. *I'm thinking I need to
buy a small washer and dryer.

Ed S.

Its under warranty, maybe its defective.

Both the washer and dryer are going back. *When I called LG the woman
repeated the warning four times that installation problems are not
covered. *So I saw it coming, LG says Home Depot did not install the
washer correctly and Home Depot says the LG washer is defective and
I'm stuck with a $1,000 piece of crap. *Plus I called the Home Depot
store today 4 times and the phone rang over 50 times for each call and
I was disconnected once when I finally got a live person.

The washer has been getting worse with each wash we do. *The last 2
loads rattled the house, the kitchen, my PC's, and things in a clothes
closet I didn't think could rattle.

It's a huge cliche but you can't get customer service antwhere after
the sale.

Thank you,

Ed S.

I really don't mean to sound like an ass when I say this, but this is
what you get when you buy from Home Depot. That's about the last
place I would consider for any major purchases. their selection
sucks, their customer service sucks, and their "associates" are
mouthbreathing morons. I have no experience with having anything
installed by them simply because talking to their in-store employees
is enough to set off those alarm bells and warning signs that say
"these clowns have no idea what they're doing! You know more than
they do about the stuff they stock and sell!" The only reason I go
there is there's two of them between me and the nearest Lowe's, and
the good independent hardware stores for the most part close early and
aren't open on Sunday (when I often find I need something in the
middle of a project.) I certainly wouldn't go there if I had the
ability to plan ahead for a major purchase.

nate