Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Low capital solar for low temperature space heating?

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 20:54:48 +0000 (UTC), Ed Sirett
wrote:

C.A.T. in Wales (Machynlleth SP?) has just that info.

I was up there last week. No bloody use whatsoever. I went there with
three questions and didn't get an answer to one of them! I didn't even
buy anything in the bookshop (which is almost unheard of).

* What's the SotA in greywater toilet flush?
You don't. We don't, therefore you don't.

* Can I do a thin-layer sedum green roof on corrugated cement?
No idea. Try it. If it doesn't either collapse or the soil slips
into the gulleys, let us know.

* Solar - got any numbers?
Numbers? Real quantitative stuff? Devilry!

Eco-disney there these days. Cute funicular, but it's more about showing
urban kids how We Plant the Seed..., Nature Grows the Seed... than it
is about beardies with pipe wrenches any more.

I agree. We were very disappointed in several ways.

I wrote to them, offering advice and a source of local human help with their
dreadful observation hive amd had no reply. The local beekeeper didn't hear
anything either.

The worst thing was the polytunnel and other plots full of over-ripe
vegetables, beans hadn't been picked at all etc. Yet in the restaurant there
were packs and tins of imported foods.

Some displays weren't working. Staff were few and far between - except in
the tat shop.

Sorry to drift but it certainly wasn't a good advert for anything :-(

Mary