Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Advice for Clothes washer on second floor

On Jul 7, 1:55*pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 7, 2:06*pm, ransley wrote:

On Jul 7, 12:03*pm, "
wrote:

Are there any resources online for get information on buying front- or
top-loading washers to be installed in a second floor location? *I
just bought an LG front-loader that shakes the whole house even when
the spin speed is on Low. *I even reinforced the floor with 3/4" maple
plywood and that solved the problem somewhat. *I'm thinking I need to
buy a small washer and dryer.

Ed S.

Its under warranty, maybe its defective.

Both the washer and dryer are going back. *When I called LG the woman
repeated the warning four times that installation problems are not
covered. *So I saw it coming, LG says Home Depot did not install the
washer correctly and Home Depot says the LG washer is defective and
I'm stuck with a $1,000 piece of crap. *Plus I called the Home Depot
store today 4 times and the phone rang over 50 times for each call and
I was disconnected once when I finally got a live person.

The washer has been getting worse with each wash we do. *The last 2
loads rattled the house, the kitchen, my PC's, and things in a clothes
closet I didn't think could rattle.

It's a huge cliche but you can't get customer service antwhere after
the sale.

Thank you,

Ed S.

Email HD corporate, you will have better luck as corporate knows HD
needs customers. I handle my complaints with HD by email.