Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Prepping and painting angle iron

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 16:15:25 +0000 (UTC), (Edward
A. Falk) wrote:

In article 0pnck.247$Z11.38@trndny05,
Grant Erwin wrote:
Edward A. Falk wrote:

Dude. Get a clue. They don't put a whole f*****g trailer in a powdercoating
oven, and if they did, they'd charge you more than a new trailer costs. Get

Yeah, I just found that out when I called the powdercoater people back.

I have to admit that I'm getting more and more confused. You can't
powdercoat the parts and then weld, and you can't weld it and then
get it powdercoated. If I'm not mistaken, this means that you can't
get it powdercoated at all. Why did someone even suggest it?

Get a can of paint and a brush!

That looks like my working plan now. My problem is the prep work;
I don't really have a place or the time to go and wipe down every
foot of angle with an acetone-soaked rag. I guess I'll call the
powdercoating guy back and ask what he'd charge to just prep the
steel and give it back to me.

Its a ****ing trailer. Unless its gonna be used to transport the Pope,
or featured at Harrahs or hung from the Cistine Chapel, who the hell
cares if it has a run or three? Use a pig bristle brush, slather it
with acetone, wait 20 minutes and use the same brush to paint it with
Rustolem.

Geeze.....

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.