Posted to uk.d-i-y
PCPaul PCPaul is offline

Default Low capital solar for low temperature space heating?

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 10:49:59 -0700, Andy Dingley wrote:

Anyone got useful experience or recommendations for links / books
reading on _very_ low capital cost solar heating for space-heating of
workshops? I'm looking at the real "Scrapyard Challenge" end of the
problem, with almost everything being built from recycled radiators etc.
The intended result is to raise the Winter temperature of an otherwise
unheated non-commercial workshop to "habitable" (for hairy- arsed
chippies wearing check lumberjack shirts).

Old radiators/hosepipe pancakes/twinwall and pipes on the roof, feeding a
plant-watering system manifold to lots of long nylon tubes, one to each
chippy, through a mesh of pipes sewn into the aforementioned check shirts
then back to the roof.

Should work a treat, if they are careful not to move around too much.

If they're like the chippies I see working on the building site across
the road, shouldn't be an issue.

Also has the advantage of looking like a Thunderbirds rehearsal...

HTH ;-)