Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Backup Generators 101?

I'm sure they are available. They will need a starting battery, like a car.
Actually probably two batteries, diesels don't want to start very well.
Figure on spending a couple thousand dollars.

The installation will likely take a company with experience. Fuel, and
wiring to be done.

You can have convenient, or you can have inexpensive. But not both. Well, at
least not until it's been installed. For power outs at my adress, I have a
gasoline generator, and a gascan. Less cost, and also less convenient.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Lee" wrote in message
. ..

Wow, this is all so foreign to me. I'd only ever had natural gas before
(turn on the stove and it was there... didn't have to worry about
deliveries or grades etc. I have no idea what number oil is in my
tank!). What I liked about my friend's generator was that it just kicked
in automatically, and she didn't have to do anything when the
electricity went off. Would an oil one work the same?