Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Edward A. Falk Edward A. Falk is offline

Default Prepping and painting angle iron

In article 0pnck.247$Z11.38@trndny05,
Grant Erwin wrote:
Edward A. Falk wrote:

Dude. Get a clue. They don't put a whole f*****g trailer in a powdercoating
oven, and if they did, they'd charge you more than a new trailer costs. Get

Yeah, I just found that out when I called the powdercoater people back.

I have to admit that I'm getting more and more confused. You can't
powdercoat the parts and then weld, and you can't weld it and then
get it powdercoated. If I'm not mistaken, this means that you can't
get it powdercoated at all. Why did someone even suggest it?

Get a can of paint and a brush!

That looks like my working plan now. My problem is the prep work;
I don't really have a place or the time to go and wipe down every
foot of angle with an acetone-soaked rag. I guess I'll call the
powdercoating guy back and ask what he'd charge to just prep the
steel and give it back to me.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/