Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lathe tooling, pictures "before" and "after"

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 22:26:26 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Jim Wilkins
wrote on Sun, 6 Jul 2008 06:35:29 -0700 (PDT) in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Jul 6, 2:34*am, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

The corner work is also important to me: I was trying to clean up a small
weld from small piece of work (2.5") in a right angle corner. It is hard to
do with the flap disk and I just about managed it with an abrasive disk
without massacring everything around it.

Of course I may be to metalwork what Genghis Khan was to diplomacy...
Michael Koblic,

The $20 copies of the Makita die grinder are pretty good for grinding
inside corners. Like the other cheap grinders they overheat in a few
minutes but usually you can switch to grinding something else to let
them cool.

One of my costume party personas is Genghis Khan's accountant, in
chain mail with sheepskin trim and a leather briefcase. I do head
counts.

Ah, Human Resources.

"What is good, Cohan?"

"To kill the programs of the enemy, to sack their staffs, plunder
their budgets, and take their corner offices. To hear the lamentations
of their press flacks and PR agents. That is good."

Bwahahaha.

pyotr

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.