Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Backup Generators 101?

In article , S. Barker wrote:
In all ACTUALITY, home heating oil is generally #1 diesel. While it will
work in an engine, it is a bit thin as a rule and is hard on injectors.

Last time I lived in an oil-heated home, the driver of the fuel delivery
truck told me that #1 was kerosene and #2 is one step heavier, and that
most home oil furnaces work fine on both but usually get #2 due to #2
being cheaper.

The usual jet fuel (Jet-A) ia a minor modification of kerosene. I even
sometimes smell a distinct kerosene scent around jet engines that have
been running only a couple minutes - and I have had experience at small
airports barely big enough to accomodate small jet airplanes, where I get
to go around outdoors around aircraft.
Military jet aircraft use slightly different fuels that are minor
modifications of kerosene or kerosene mixes.

I would think that jet fuel usage would bid up the price of #1 compared
to #2.

- Don Klipstein )