Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Slightly OT. Heat and a Bench Light ...

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 01:28:51 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

OK. The bulb does not claim to be a halogen type. It was sold as a 'bog
standard' light bulb. It looks like a standard light bulb. It is stamped 60
watts on the packet, and on the bulb itself.

Does it have one of these labels?
http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/energy_saving_products/other_energy_labels/the_eu_energy_label/
http://www.thelightbulbshop.co.uk/EnergyLabels.htm
If so, what are the numbers? We don't have anything similar in the US
so it would helpful if you could supply the numbers for an "ordinary"
light 60w bulb. Note that halogen are in class "D" while ordinary
bulbs are "E" or "F".

However, it
has one major difference in that instead of the glass envelope being the
size of a tennis ball, it's more like the size of a pool ball.

Could I trouble you to measure the approximate diameters? I want to
calculate the relative surface areas.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D